Saturday, 18 January 2014

The Netherlands - Package Treat!

January 15, 2014

I received a lovely surprise in the mail the other day!  Just look at this!


This lovely envelope was in my mailbox.  And, there was more too.  I noticed that the envelope smelled divine!  The reason?


There was a little packet inside with two teabags in it.  It smells a little like chai, but I haven't tried it yet.

And then, after all that, there was still something else...

...the postcard!

Angela wrote me a nice message on the back of the card.   She wrote that she hopes I don't mind her sending the card in an envelope because she wanted to send me some Dutch tea.  She also noted that she put a stamp on the card even though it is in an envelope!  She says that she works as a secretary and her hobbies are travelling, writing, soccer and chocolate.  A woman after my own heart then!  She has a son too.  Angela wishes me a magical 2014.

There are cool stickers all over the back of the card and the envelope.  Oh, and that stamp she mentioned?  It's an interesting one too...


So there you have it...my really, really interesting and cool Postcrossing.  I wouldn't want it every time, but as a once in a while treat it is lovely!





6 comments:

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Wow, what a special surprise from a stranger. Lucky you! Postcrossers seem to be particularly nice folk. :-)

Helen said...

It was a really lovely surprise.

I've "met" a couple of not so great postcrossers, but the majority have been fabulous! This particular postcrossing was one of the nicest! The tea has the flavour of a type of Dutch cookie apparently, but the smell is a lot like chai to me.

Thanks for visiting :-)

Mail Adventures said...

I have the same experience with Postcrossing: most of the people are really nice!

But now I'm sending really few postcards because sooooo many of them have been lost that I'm a bit disappointed.

Helen said...

I know, I have a lot that haven't made it to their recipients, but over time I think most of mine do arrive. I'm still sending as many as I can every week. I think as long as I enjoy it, it is worth doing.

Any idea why yours aren't arriving? Is it the mail system in your country, the recipient's country, or the members are quitting too often?

Mail Adventures said...

I guess it has something to do with Poste Maroc (the mail service) :(

I moved here in August 2012 and during the first months every letter and stamp I sent reached its destination. But in the last months some of them have been lost. I mean, the naked postcards. I can still sent the postcards in envelopes, but most postcrossers dislike this idea.

Helen said...

I guess if it is your only option, then you don't have much choice. For me, sending postcards in an envelope costs quite a bit more, so I prefer to send without.

I am one of those who doesn't like cards in envelopes, but when there's a reason I don't mind!