Thursday 1 May 2014

Netherlands - Greek Recipe

April 14, 2014

Another yummy looking card that isn't from the country the card was from.

I like Greek Moussaka, I am just not sure that I'd be able to eat the amount the recipe would make!

An writes that she lives in the eastern part of the Netherlands and refers me to Wikipedia to see why her townspeople are called
"Blauwvingers".  It's an interesting story.  She then wishes me a Happy Postcrossing.


The stamp shows a quagga, which is an extinct type of zebra that used to live in the southernmost part of Africa.  There are only 5 photographs available of one particular example, but there are a few skins left.  Wikipedia has an amazing amount of information on this interesting animal.  

Thanks An, for teaching me two things that I didn't know!

No comments: