Wednesday 14 May 2014

United States of America - Quilt

May 12, 2014

This lovely quilt card came from Pennsylvania in the US.

Jeff wrote me a very nice message on the back, and I'll excerpt some of it here for you.

He says that his area of Pennsylvania is home to the Amish & Mennonite people.  He also tells me that there are some Amish in Canada too.

He writes that he didn't have any cards in my topics, but he did have this card with an Amish Quilt on it.  He thought that because I like crochet, I might also like this quilt.  He continues by saying that his grandmother was an avid quilter, she made quilts for each of her 20+ grandchildren before she died.  He has a beautiful crazy patch quilt.  It is quite a family heirloom!

Log Cabin Circa 1900-10/Wool
66 x 78/ Mifflin County, Pennsylvania
William and Connie Hayes
 And these are fabulous stamps that Jeff put on the back of his card too.  I haven't seen either the Shirley Chisholm or the Jimi Hendrix stamp before.  Very cool!

I didn't know very much about Shirley Chisholm, but I read up on her and I wish I had known more about her before now.  Thanks for putting her on this card.

No comments: