Thursday 17 July 2014

The Missing Cards


Special Entry...3 Years in the making

Sadly, many of my cards seem to go astray when I send them from my little corner of Japan. I am going to pick a few of my favourite cards that never it made to the places I sent them to and show them to you.  

Sometimes the person moved before they arrived, other times, I'm not sure. Perhaps they didn't please their recipient so they weren't registered. Perhaps, their intended recipient had a computer malfunction.  The cards may still be moving somewhere out there…through a black hole or perhaps purloined for their beauty or mangled too badly to read in a postal machine somewhere!

So, for any of you curious people, here are some of my non-delivered cards. Please enjoy them, and mourn their non-delivery with me...

This first card was going to another Postcrosser in Japan.  It shows a very famous place in Sakata, the next city up the train line.  This is the Sankyo Warehouse with zelkova trees.  The warehouse is still used for storing rice to this day, but also houses two museums, one for the area of Sakata, one for the history of rice production.  I was very disappointed that this one was never registered as I haven't seen this card on Postcrossing...it's done by a local photographer I think.
These warehouses have been featured in a few movies, I believe in Oishin and also in a (not very good) Keira Knightley movie called Silk.
***
This card was sent to Belarus.  Although it has been a long time, I think the person wanted cards that have unusual housing on it!  The card is from Akita.


***
I broke my own rule with this one and sent it in an envelope to Canada.  The person I sent it to wasn't on Postcrossing for several months and this card was never registered.  Sob!


***
This card was lost on the way to Thailand.  The person asked for Hello Kitty cards, and my husband had just gifted me with a packet of them.  

Sadly, it never arrived.  I'm not a big Hello Kitty fan, but I do love the bold colours in this card.

 ***
This card shows the bridges in Niigata City.  I had found a treasure trove of beautiful cards from that city and wanted to show them off.  It was lost somewhere on the way to Brazil.  It may yet arrive, but the year of travelling is just about up.


***
 This card was on its way to Belgium when it went missing.  The person's profile was so interesting that I wanted to send a special card.  I picked this one, but it never arrived.  These poor lucky cats weren't very lucky.


***
This one was on its way to France when it disappeared.  I was sending it to a Postal Worker and he didn't have this card at the time.  It doesn't seem to have made the journey.  Maybe it decided to have a look at the Eiffel Tower instead?  

Mailboxes in Japan
There are still a few of the ones in the center around my city!


Well, that's a few of my cards that never arrived.  I have more of course, but these were some of the nicest ones.  What about you?  Do you have any cards that you were greatly disappointed by their not arriving?  Do tell!

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Expired cards are the worst! I so feel your pain :(

Helen said...


Thank you! I'm glad that someone understands :-)