Saturday 26 July 2014

Two From the Netherlands

July 22, 2014

This Dutch card is another one of the oversize cards I get sometimes.  It is completely in Dutch, even the back doesn't have English on it, well, except for the writing that is.

David says that he lives in one of the oldest cities in the Netherlands and he likes cooking.

He says that this is a recipe for Dutch cookies called oublies and goes over the recipe quickly for me.  He finishes by sending his greetings.

I've probably had this stamp before, but this seemed a fairly good look at it.  This is one stamp, the priority sticker and the windmill part.
 *****

Gerda sent this great card of the king of the Netherlands.  This is King Willem-Alexander on the day of his inauguration (April 30, 2013).  She says that she is living in the South of the Netherlands in a city of approximately 180,000 inhabitants. 

She signs off by wishing me a happy Postcrossing and sending her regards. 

I haven't seen these stamps before I think.  They are quite interesting, the angelic one is dated 2000 if I'm reading it correctly.

Thank you David and Gerda!

4 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

Interesting as always.

Helen said...

Thank you! I'm always finding interesting cards in my mailbox!

Heather said...

both are great cards. I like the idea of a recipe on a postcard. I have received one or two with handwritten ones on the back.

Helen said...

It's nice when people take the time to write out a favourite recipe! I enjoy getting recipe cards, but some of them are just not possible to make here, from a cost point of view, or the "I can't get the ingredients" point of view.

Still, I enjoy knowing what other people are eating around the world!

Thanks for commenting :-)