Sunday 31 August 2014

Chile

August 18, 2014

This card came all the way from Chile and was sent by Gabi.  She writes with her greetings from Santiago, their capital and largest city.  She hopes I like this card showing Rapa Nui Island and it's characteristic Moais.  She wishes me a happy postcrossing.

Rapa Nui - Isla de Pascua - Chile
An imposing view of the Ahu Tongariki.  This stone monument has quite impressive dimensions, with some of its moais weighing as much as 100 tons.

I like the series of aeroplanes on the stamp.  She put them all across the card, but it was a nice way to see them.


Thanks Gabi!

2 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

You are very lucky - I've never had a card from Chile.

Helen said...

Thank you! I have had cards from some amazing places over the years...This was my first from Chile.