Sunday 24 August 2014

Great Britain - Actress

August 9, 2014

Lucy writes, "Hi Helen!  I hope you like this card of actress Vivien Leigh.  I'm quite jealous that you live in Japan, I would love to go there one day!  Especially to visit the Studio Ghibli Museum.  She loves those films, especially Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away.  Her other favourite films are Amelie, and Before Sunrise (and the others in the series.)

She closes with her best wishes.

Vivien Leigh, 1913-67
Angus McBean, 1938.  Matte bromide print, 403 x 328 mm
On the back of the card it says that it is from the National Portrait Gallery.  I find that rather wonderful as when I was 19 I visited London and went to the Portrait Gallery.  It was wonderful and I have many fond memories of that trip.

Thanks for reminding me!

No comments: