Wednesday 24 September 2014

United States - Movie Card

 September 12, 2014

Jenny sent this great card from the US and wrote a little about the weather when she did...it was 26℃ and the humidity was 74%.

She wrote a lovely letter...I'll excerpt some of it for your enjoyment.

She wrote,"My favourite movie is "The Princess Bride. I wish I had some postcards of it, but since I don't, I'm sending  you this Star Wars one instead."  She wrote about a huge sci-fi convention in Atlanta and said there were enough fans in Storm Trooper armor to take over Atlanta without help! She added,"I avoided the city and spent the weekend working and watching Dr. Who. I am planning on attending Dragon Con next year however.  Steampunk and elf-ears and Iron Man, oh my!"

Love it!  I'd heard of the convention from a blog I follow.  And, anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE The Princess Bride.  It is one of my favourite films too!

X-Wing and Y-Wing Squadrons

These stamps are incredibly gorgeous.  I rarely put up US stamps because I get the same ones all the time, but these are worth a close up look.  Thank you so much Jenny!


No comments: