Saturday 8 November 2014

Germany

October 25, 2014


This card came to me from Ines in Germany with a complaint.  Read on!

She writes,"Hi, Greetings from the northern part of Germany, a small town near Bremen."

"I am upset about your wishes which postcard you like and which not, I think thats not the meaning of postcrossing. "

"Keep well, Ines"


I ask on my profile that people not send me cat, dog, or children on their postcards.  Like many people, I have a list of favourite types of cards, but I do list that I am quite happy with a card of something that the sender likes, if they explain why they like it.  I'm more interested in the contact with other people, and I don't like it when people just sign their card with "Happy Postcrossing" and nothing personal about themselves.  I communicated these thoughts to Ines when I thanked her for her card.

We are all open to our own ideas.  I don't like it when people send the same card to everyone, or when they send me a slip of label paper with a self printed picture on it.  You just have to get past it!  Most people send great cards.  

I also like it when people have detailed profiles with what they like and don't like.  I try to make people happy with the cards I send, so I want to send them something they like. 

What's your philosophy on card sending?




3 comments:

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

The profile is everything. The more written, the better. I recently had to send a card to someone with absolutely nothing written for a profile, and their avatar was a closeup of the word "pathetic" in the dictionary. I was sooo turned off by that person and had no idea what to send.

Helen said...

Oh no! What a strange avatar.

I once had to send a postcard to a new member with only one word in his profile. That was odd.

I prefer a lot of detail, but I have sent to people that have too much, or are too demanding, or their requests are too narrow....I think people don't realize how difficult it is to get postcards of European athletes in Japan!!

When someone's profile turns me off I am tempted to send one of my less favourite cards!

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

I'm so glad you 'fessed up to sending less than stellar cards to difficult people. I originally wrote that I sent him one, but then deleted it, but just so you know, I totally agree!!