Tuesday 9 June 2015

Netherlands Duo - Food and Movie

May 28, 2015

On May 28, I received 2 cards from the Netherlands.  One is a repeat of a card I received a few scant months ago.  I'm not sure why senders don't check my received cards...I always check when I am sending cards because I don't want to send a duplicate if I can help it.

Jolanda sent this pie card.  She didn't write too much about herself unfortunately.  She said that she lives in the east of the Netherlands.  She also gave me a recipe for apple pie which was very kind of her.


She also translated the blurb on the back of the card for me.  She said, " You are the cherry on my pie.  Will you drop in for a piece?"

***

The next card comes from Jan.   

He writes, "A movie-postcard, is it a good choice? Yes, "Casablanca" is for me an all time favourite! (And Dr. Zhivago too...) My name is Jan, I am 69, a retired teacher/headmaster of a primary school.  My wife and I live in a small village in the north of this country, near the city of Groningen.  Enjoy your life in Japan, best wishes.  Jan"

Jean Mascii
East of Eden, Elia Kazan, 1954

Jan also used some lovely stamps on the back of his card, which I appreciate very much.


No comments: