Saturday 25 July 2015

United States of America - Art

July 18, 2015

I got this great card from Annie in the US.  She wrote a lovely note about a movie that she loves.  It is so refreshing to see someone write about something that I am interested in too!

"Hello!  I'm a student at the University of Washington in Seattle, but right now, I'm on break for the summer.  My favorite movie right now is Song of the Sea.  I saw it in the theater with my brother, and I was super excited because I thought I'd missed my chance to see it in theaters - it came out in December, but it wasn't showing near us until March.  Even then, it was only playing in Arthouse theaters.  It's a beautifully animated movie about a boy whose little sister is a selkie... I really love animated films.  Happy Postcrossing! Annie"


Norman Rockwell (American, 1894-1978)
The Most Beloved American Writer, 1937


When I thanked Annie for the card, I told her that I thought the card had the vibe of Jo from Little Women.  It's a great card of the writing process. 

No comments: