Tuesday 25 August 2015

United States - Food and Gotochi Card

August 8, 2015

I received a lovely surprise from an American postcrosser this month.  I got an envelope with something extra in it.  She also wrote a nice note to me.  She said, " こんにちは! (Konnichiwa or Hello in Japanese) I've just returned to the USA after three years in Tokushima Japan.  I love to send people Gotochi Cards, so I bought a whole stack of them before I left.  I didn't see this one in your received list, so I'm sending one from the not-so-visited prefecture of Wakayama.  My husband is from Montana, where they have a lot of huckleberries, so I've included this recipe card.  Kind regards, Heather"

I'm not even sure what a huckleberry is, I don't think I've ever had one!

And here is the Gotochi card she sent...


Very cool!  Thank you so much!

No comments: