Saturday 26 September 2015

Russia - Food

September 1, 2015

Alexandrea sent this fabulous card from Russia.  She wrote a lovely message to me full of food and movies...two of my favourite things!

"My name is Alexandrea and I live in Saint Petersburg! You asked cards with food--I have one.  On the card you can see traditional Russian Tea Party with honey-cakes, bagels and jam. Of course now the citizens of cities doesn't use samovars, we all have teapots.

As for my favourite movies, I like Soviet ones by Eldasi Ryaranov and Leonid Gaidai.  There is Russian tradition to watch their movies on New Year's Eve while cooking dinner.  And of course I can't[she says can't but I think she means must] mention "Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears" which was awarded the Oscar in 1981,  Have you ever heard about this movie?"

I had heard of the movie, but I haven't seen it.


The stamps were put on the postcard sideways, so I posted them right side up to make it easier to see them.


1 comment:

M said...

reading that made me feel hungry!