Friday 19 February 2016

Taiwan - Black and White Actress

February 9, 2016

Yen-Wen sent this card with a fabulous note on the back.  The note on the back makes me very happy because I have actually received this card twice before, from two different countries.  I have received so many Postcrossing cards that I don't really expect people to search through all my cards before choosing a card for me.  I do suggest on my profile that Senders search through their country's cards before sending a card.  Since Garbo is one of those classic actresses it makes sense that her cards would be available in many countries.

Anyway, on with Yen-Wen's note. She writes,

"Greetings from Taiwan! Hello, my name is Yen-Wen. I'm 25 and I live in New Taipei City, which is the most populous city in Taiwan. I love reading, drawing, listening to the music and dancing  I love watching movies as well, but I think I haven't watched many movies as most film fans have done.

One of my favorite movies is "Dreams" of Japanese director Akira Kurosawa.  I watched this movie when I was in middle school.  to be honest, I didn't understand the meanings of the movie at that time and some scenes seemed kinda scary.  But then I watched it again years later, I finally realized what he wants to express.  So I added this movie to my favorites and it was released in the year I was born. What a coincidence!

The bigger stamp on the card is a story scene from a famous Chinese classical novel called "Dream of the Red Chamber". The woman in the stamp named Lin Daiyu, is one of the prinicpal characters.  She is burying the fallen petals since she is portrayed as a sensitive woman in the novel.  And I noticed that your birthday is just around the corner.  I think you'll receive this card after your birthday.  But I still want to wish you a happy birthday.  Hope all of your wishes to come true!

Happy Birthday and Happy Postcrossing!!
Yen-Wen 03/02/2016 15oC, Cloudy"

Greta Garbo

See above for the story of the stamp.



No comments: