Saturday 23 April 2016

Great Britain

April 18, 2016

This great card came to me from Jack in Great Britain.  He wrote a lot of facts about Stonehenge on the back of the card.  At first I thought it was a tad odd, since I can read and have read a lot about Stonehenge over the years, but then I realized he might be a bit young. It is still a great card!

"Hello,
Greetings from England, UK.  Today we visited Stonehenge and I chose this card for you.  Once considered one of the 7 wonders of the world, it was built 5000 years ago.  However evidence shows that a wooden circle at the site predates even this. The large sarsen stones were dragged here across country by many men and shaped nearby before being raised into position.  They were shaped to slot together like Lego which is unique for stone circles.  The smaller stones came from Wales by boat and were believed to have healing powers.  

Kind regards, Jack"


No comments: