Thursday 7 July 2016

Russia - Actress in Black & White

June 23, 2016

This lovely black and white card came to me from Russia.  It is of an actress that I hadn't heard of before, although I believe that she moved to Canada in her later years. The card was sent by Ivan and going by what he wrote, he is a big movie fan!

He wrote, "Hello! My name is Ivan.  I'm from Moscow.  This is a portrait of the famous Hollywood actress of Russian origin, Lila Kedrova.  I'm a big fan of the old movie.  My favourite director is Francois Ozon.  Especially for you I stuck a stamp Postcrossing first type.  And Stamp Russian-Laos friendship.  Good Luck!"

Lila Kedrova's IMDb profile is here and her Wikipedia page is here.

Lila Kedrova in woolen costume with fox fur cape. Hollywood, early 1960s.
Photograph from the collection of Alexandre Vassiliev.

I like the stamps...I also like that Ivan mentioned them in his writing.  When I postcross, I'm afraid I often just stick the stamps on afterwards, I rarely write about them!


No comments: