Wednesday 16 November 2016

Tea from Sweden!


October 28, 2016

This big card came to me from Matilda in Sweden.  She wrote a bit about herself on the back of the card too.  Like me, she isn't living in her own country.  Unlike me, her life is quite similar to what it was before.  Here's what she said....

She wrote,
"Dear Helen,
My name is Matilda. I'm 20 years old and I'm from Finland. I moved to Sweden 2 years ago to live with my Swedish boyfriend.  My life here in Sweden isn't so much different than in Finland.  Finland and Sweden look much alike with big forests, many lakes and sea.  The food is pretty much alike too. And people look pretty same too except Swedes are more blonde than Finns.  The only big differences are the language and the currency.

I hope you like this card and I wish you all the best!  Matilda"

Illustrator: Annika Lundholm Moberg
This interesting stamp shows Queen Silvia of Sweden.  She is the consort of the King of Sweden.  I haven't received a lot of cards from Sweden, so I was happy to get this card and stamp.  



Yes, you may have seen this card before when I featured it during the Linky Blog Party of Tea, Coffee and Pastries.  This great card has all three!


No comments: