Friday 30 December 2016

Sweden

December 13, 2016

If this card looks familiar, it is because it was featured on this blog before as part of a Winter Holiday celebration.  However, I wasn't able to tell the whole story of this card there.

Debora sent this very short card to me with a lovely stamp and a friendly message on the back. She wrote,
"Hi Helen!
Greetings for the cold Sweden! I'm Debora and live in Uppsala for 3 years.  The city is full of students because of its famous university.  Here I live a very calm life, cycling around and enjoying the swom[I am not sure what she meant to say here] of this time of the year!
All the best to you!"

Merry Christmas
Happy New Year

In my Postcrossing Profile, I talk about celebrating the battle scars that cards receive on the way to me, and I do.  There is something special about a card that is ripped or notched or damaged in some way, that still arrives in my mail box.  This card was a prime example of that!

There was even an attached "ribbon" of a sort, a message from the Japanese Post Office.  Basically it is an apology for the damaged card and I believe a message that they taped the card. Generally, I admire the Post Office here very much (except when they send me other people's post cards just because they are written in English!!)

 This is the very beautiful stamp that was on the post card.  It is quite large and very clear!


4 comments:

John's Island said...

Hi Helen, This is a neat post. Thank you for sharing. I wish our post office (USPS) would offer an apology when they rough up the mail. It has been a pleasure to find your blog in 2016 and I'm looking forward to more in 2017. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Helen said...

Thank you so much John. It is very nice of you to say so! Happy New Year to you too!

Mail Adventures said...

Me too, I also like these scars< that prove that the mail has really travelled.

Helen said...

Hurray, another person who feels the same way! Thanks for visiting Eva :-)