Monday 23 January 2017

Hong Kong - Food

January 2, 2017

This rather attractive card came from Hong Kong, a place that I have visited a couple of times.  It was sent by a fairly new postcrosser, since she mentions that I am the fifth person she has sent a card to.  The picture on the front is interesting as is what she writes.

"Hi Helen.
Glad to pick you as my 5th Postcrosser. Reviewed your profile & found that you hv so many interests of postcard.  And finally I picked the yummy food for you.
As a Canadian..believe you will feel disgusting of this delicious-spicy chicken finger. Hahahahah.....

Tell you sth about myself.  I also hv family living in Canada. Toronto.  Japan is a lovely place that I've been traveled few times & last time I've been in Tokyo last May.  Nice to meet you here.  Leave me note how you like this postcard.
Christie"

Pickled Chicken Feet
As one of the most popular snacks, Pickled Chicken Feet is famous for its spicy
flavor and chewy texture, which makes it a perfect companion for
Chinese couch potato.
To be honest, I've never had pickled chicken feet.  I've seen chicken feet at dim sum in Canada, but I haven't eaten them.  I don't think they are disgusting, I'm just not sure that I want to eat them!

I've eaten a lot of things in Japan that many Canadians would look askew at.  I think it is a bit presumptuous to assume that I would think pickled chicken feet are disgusting, but perhaps she was just trying to get a rise out of me!

No comments: