Monday 13 November 2017

Algeria - Yarn Related

November 8, 2017

This card surprised me when it arrived in our mail slot.  It is from Algeria!  I've never had a card from Algeria before, so it was a lovely treat.

The sender had a friendly note on the back, and even wrote a little something in Arabic that unfortunately I can't read, so it was an interesting and cool card.

He wrote,

Hello Helen!

I hope you're fine and hope you'll like this card showing a typical Algerian girl knitting a traditional carpet.

[Arabic writing]

Warmest greetings from Algeria!

All the best.

Kader"

To be honest, I don't think the girl is knitting.  It looks to me like she is winding wool.  I believe these carpets are woven, but I may be mistaken.  If anyone knows, please let me know.



 A very interesting stamp with different kinds of energy being featured.

2 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I really would like to receive this postcard. Not only because it is from Algeria, but also because of the yarn theme (knitting or waving).

Maybe I can help you with the Arabic.

Helen said...

Thank you Eva! I have a friend here that reads a little bit of Arabic, so I'll ask her first. If she isn't able to read it I would be glad if you would read it for me!

I like the theme of the card too!