Wednesday 8 November 2017

Japan - Gotochi Card

November 6, 2017

I am back!  I finally got a few cards sent out and have already received a couple. I hope to be able to post a little more regularly for a while.

Anyway, this card arrived from a Japanese sender and it was a great one.  She sent me a Gotochi Card and it was one I didn't have already. Yay!

She wrote,

Hi Helen!
Nice to meet you. こんにちは
My name is Mayumi. I'm 45 years old. I live in Shizuoka with my daughter. I'm very happy if this postcard makes you smile.  Have a good day.  Best wishes,
Mayumi

This is Kunozan Tosho-gu
and here's the Wikipedia article about it!


These are the stamps she used.  To be honest, there was one more of the ten yen stamps, but to show it I would have to show my address and I would rather not do that!  If you look closely at the 50 yen stamps, you'll see that there is a kimono shape around the flowers.  I like these stamps a lot!


Thank you so much Mayumi! 

2 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Great postcards and stamps. I like the kimono!

Helen said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad to be posting again too!