Wednesday 21 November 2018

United States

November 2, 2018

This card came from David in the US. He wrote a lovely message on the back of the card and referred me to YouTube to see videos of his Grandmother telling stories. I did have a look at one of them and it was very interesting. She was talented, so I encourage anyone interested to have a listen too.

David wrote;

Hello, Helen!

I hope all is well your way. This is a picture of Sloss Furnaces in my town of Birmingham, Alabama, USA. I like this landmark because it is supposedly haunted by the ghosts of workers who died there.

My Grandmother was a storyteller & wrote several books about ghost stories in the Southern United States. Places like this remind me of her & the fabulous stories & food she would share with me. If you like good stories, you should find her by searching for KATHRYN TUCKER WINDHAM on YouTube. Her stories were more informative than "scary"stories.

Well, Damn! I'm out of space to write.

David
Birmingham, AL, U.S.


No comments: