Saturday 9 March 2019

Russia - Food

January 5, 2019

I am behind posting to this blog, but the sad thing is that I don't have a lot of time for Postcrossing anymore.  I don't have a convenient post office near my husband's house and that makes it difficult to buy stamps and mail my cards.  Nevertheless, I am trying to send a few cards every month, so I hope things will improve soon!


Anyway, this card arrived in January and was very welcome.  Alina sent this to me and wrote a great note on the back of the card, which I will share with you.  The pancakes look yummy and it was just Shrove Tuesday this week, so hopefully, that makes it okay to post after the long delay!

She wrote;
Hello Helen!

My name is Alina, I am 20 years old. I live in Yekaterinburg, Russia. The postcard shows pancakes. In Russia there is a tradition to bake them on Maslenitsu (Shrove Tuesday) - a farewell to winter and spring meeting. The ancients considered them a symbol of the sun.

Hope you like it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
15.12.18


No comments: