Monday 20 April 2020

Netherlands - Food

March 10, 2020

This card, with its delicious-sounding recipe, came to me from Tessa in the Netherlands.  She wrote a friendly message on the back and asked about Japan.  Many people ask me about Japan, but for most people, the Japan they want to see stops after Tokyo, Kyoto and maybe Osaka.  Up north where I live, it is much, much different. Life is slower and a lot less crowded!


She wrote,
"Hi Helen,
Greetings from Capelle[something] den Yssel, a city close to Rotterdam (2nd biggest city of the Netherlands).

I would love to visit Japan one day. I travel a lot, also for work but unfortunately not to Japan so far. What is a must see?

I love running & cycling or reading a good book.

The dish is mainly eaten as a side in winter. Happy posta,

Tessa"

No comments: