Monday 21 April 2014

Russia

March 31, 2014

Eta sent me this fabulous card from Russia.  She wrote a wonderful message on the back of the card.  I'll share a little bit of it, but some of it I plan to keep to myself and hug it close!

She starts with an apology. "Hi!  I'm sorry this is not quite what you requested, but this is not any old b/w either.  This is an image by my absolutely favourite ever photographer.  It's his first wife Bibi, she's on many other pictures as well.  To me, Lartigue's best images are quintessential joie de vivre, something I strive for myself and always look for in others."

She goes on to write about her favourite films and names one that I loved too, The English Patient. She says in recent years there has been the LOTR trilogy which she enjoyed immensely and Ralph Fiennes' Coriolanus which she says is "simply stunning."

I am always happy when the backs of cards excite me and I get a sense of the person sending it.  It is so great to receive a card that didn't have just a simple "Happy Postcrossing" with no personal input.  This was, for me, a very happy postcrossing!  That the card was a beautiful black and white piece of art only added to my enjoyment.

1927.  August, Hendaye
Bibi
Photographed by Jacques-Henri Lartigue
Thank you so much for a wonderful postcrossing Eta!

No comments: