Saturday 30 August 2014

Great Britain - Recipe

August 16, 2014

NerdBird sent me this card with fabulous stamps AND a recipe, so I am quite happy with it all.

She writes on the back, "Hello!  I'm from Denmark but moved to England 5 years ago.  Never regretted it :-)  I live with my two "free range" houserabbits, and my boyfriend lives just around the corner..."

Wensleydale: Askrigg and Aysgarth Falls
The blurb on the back of the card says that the village is where the TV series "All Creatures Great and Small" was filmed!  I used to love that show.

These stamps are so great!  I think a couple of them are quite old too.  I love the one with a 1/2 pence on it!  It's for the centenary of the first telephone call, which was made by Alexander Graham Bell.  We Canadians tend to claim him as one of ours :-)

Thanks NerdBird!

No comments: