Tuesday 22 September 2015

United States - Art/Book

August 29, 2015

This beautiful work of art came from Melissa in the USA.

She wrote, "Hello from California.  My name is Melissa.  About me, I love to bicycle (the fresh air, the exercise, the ability to go almost everywhere), read books (knowledge and escape into another person's life), practice yoga (it's calming effect and the physical benefits). And I love to write postcards!  Best wishes, Melissa"

The Reading Woman II
Lilian Westcott Hale (American, 1880-1963)
This is a lovely card.  Unfortunately the US Postal system put some marks on the card, but really it isn't that bad.  And look at the lovely cherry blossoms.  But wait....there's more to come.  

These gorgeous stamps too! (Or is it three stamps?  Close up, the big one looks like two stamps.)  I believe it is probably celebrating the friendship and cherry trees that Japan shared with the USA. Too bad the cancellation stamp covers so much of it.  




No comments: