Tuesday 6 October 2015

Russia

September 11, 2015

Tanya sent this to me from Russia.  Her note is very friendly and she is quite young so I am giving her the benefit of the doubt.  She sent a postcard that features a place that is disputed to belong to both of our countries, Russia and Japan.  I'm not sure if she didn't know or if it is an attempt to make a point.  In any case....here's her message and then the card.

"Hello! :-)
My name is Tanya and I live in Russia.  I'm 17 years old.  I like listening to music.  My favourite musical group is The Beatles.  Also, I like reading .  Now I read 'Tarzan of the Apes' by E. Burroughs.

It is the postcard with Kunashir.  I hope that you like it.

With love, Tanya"

Here's a little bit of background from Wikipedia regarding the situation I mentioned above.

Island Kunashir Mountain River

No comments: