Tuesday 16 February 2016

Taiwan - Book Related

February 7, 2016

This card arrived for me when I was away, so I had to register it a little late, but I like it a lot! It came from Taiwan.

"Hello, I'm Hayley.  I'm a mother.  My daughter is 3 years old.  I thought living in abroad is a big challenge, especially the language is different with your mother tongue.  You are very brave.
When I travel in Japan, I always lose my way.  If I don't use the google map, I cannot find the next destination.  Do you have this problem there?  Happy Postcrossing Hayley"

Yes, sometimes! I am quite good at getting around our city, sometimes better than my husband who was born here, but I have been known to get lost in strange cities.  I have a phone with Google Maps on it though and it helps me a lot!

From The Tale of Mr. Tod, 1912.  Mr. Tod walking through the woods.
'Mr. Tod  slapped his stick upon the earth and fumed...'

No comments: