Tuesday 19 April 2016

Norway

April 16, 2016

Happily, my postcard drought seems to be over for now.  In the last few days I have received enough cards to keep me posting for a while.  Hurray for that!

This long card arrived from Norway with a lovely friendly message on the back.  Kari sent a food related card that I could just eat right up!

She writes, "So these are cloudberries!  They are considered a major delicacy here, and are notoriously hard to cultivate.  If you know of a good mountain marsh for cloudberries, you keep it a family secret for generations.  I'm not even exaggerating. :=) 

"Cloudberry cream" is my favourite dessert.  I live in the town Drammen with my husband and our new hamster.  I'm a cat person and hubby doesn't want any pets, so we keep hamsters as a compromise. :-) Still working on taming the new one.  It's taking a little longer than expected.  Happy Postcrossing! All the best, Kari"

Cloudberry
 What is more Norwegian than a Viking ship?  A really lovely stamp and happy to show off the Airmail sticker too.

Thank you Kari!

No comments: