Thursday 28 July 2016

Canada

July 19, 2016

I received this great card from Kim from Vancouver and it was a delight.  Not only was it sent by another Canadian, but she recommended a film to me that I haven't seen.  The funny thing is that I have seen an earlier film by the same director and loved it, so as soon as I can, I'll take her advice!

Kim wrote,

"Hello Helen!  Greetings to a fellow Canadian from Vancouver, BC!  I hope you're having a wonderful day!  My favourite Canadian movie is "Hard Core Logo" with Hugh Dillon and Callum Keith Rennie.  It's a fake documentary about a Canadian punk band (also fake) and I love it!  If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend!

All the best - Kim"

Here's the IMDb entry for Hard Core Logo.

The other interesting thing about this particular Postcrossing is that the card she sent me is from Squamish.  A couple of nights before I received this card, I had watched a film called Horns which was partially filmed in Squamish.  The coincidences were all very cool!

Located 5km south of Squamish, Shannon Falls is the third highest waterfall
(1,105ft/335m) in British Columbia.

Many of the Canadian postcards are pre-stamped so it was a bit of a treat to receive a "real" stamp on this one.  This is a wapiti or elk.


Thank you so much for the card Kim, it is always lovely to receive a postcard from "home"!

No comments: