Monday 11 July 2016

Philippines - Tea

June 27, 2016

I have a lovely shaped card for your viewing pleasure today.  When I found this in my mailbox I was thrilled.  It is quite beautiful.  Add that to the friendly note on the back and I think this is a great postcrossing!

This card came from Susan in the Philippines.  She wrote, "Hello from the Philippines! I love tea and this teapot postcard is one of a series I love sending out to Postcrossing friends.  Please drink a cup for me when you get this.

It's the tail-end of summer here, but we've been having showers too, signalling the start of rainy season.  Susan"
I scanned the card with a black background.  It is a shaped card.  It did get a bit battered on the way,
but that adds to the charm.

What a pretty little stamp.  I can make out the word festival, but I don't know what else it represents.  Readers?

Edited to add that it is most likely Sinulog Festival, and of course, here is the Wikipedia article for those of you interested.

No comments: