Tuesday 12 July 2016

Germany - Tea

June 27, 2016

I'm not really sure what to say about this "card".  Yes, it's made of thin cardboard, yes it has a note on the back, yes it was stamped, but I'm not really sure that I consider it a postcard.  I know that some postcrossers like to have recycled cards or cards made from random stuff from a sender, but I'm not one of them.  If I was, I'd say so on my profile.  I don't.

However, [deep breath] I think the intention of the sender was good, and I do like tea related POSTcards, so I'm trying to be okay with this.  I would never send something like this out personally...just don't feel it is a fair trade for some of the lovely and expensive cards that I send.

The sender writes, "Hello!  I am sending you greetings from Greifswald/Germany!  Greifswald is not very large about 56,000 inhabitants.  There are a lot of students-nearly 10,000.  That's why our city is very young and has a lot to offer culturally.  Our university is one of the oldest in Central Europe.  It was founded in 1456.  I work in a public archive.  I am a professional archivist.  I like reading, I have a library with about 1700 books.  I like BLACK TEA 'THIELE TEE'. All the best, HAPPY Postcrossing"


I really like the stamp.  I think the Porsche is rather beautiful!


No comments: