Tuesday 5 July 2016

United States - Books & Animals

June 22, 2016

In honour of Independence Day, here are two cards from the US for your viewing pleasure.  Happy 4th of July to my US readers....

*****

Jennifer sent this card from the US and dashed off a quick note on the back.  I love old books so cards  of books please me a lot.

She wrote,"I hope this card finds you well and in good spirits.  It's a hot summer day here in Atlanta.  I wish we could go outside and play in the water but my 2 boys are sick.  Maybe tomorrow they'll be well enough - Jennifer"


***

The second card came from Judy who has a typed message on the back, with a few handwritten lines.  I think it's a good way to do postcrossing if you have mobility problems or bad handwriting.  Perhaps I should look into it!

She writes, 
" Hello,
My name is Judy and I live in a small town (pop.2200) on the central coast of Oregon.  I am 70 yrs. old and retired.  I hope you like the photos on my postcard, as they show some of the various marine life in my area, and also a picture of the bridge crossing our bay where I like to go crabbing.  I also have 3 dogs and like to go biking along the coast highway. Happy Postcrossing! - Judy
P.S. - I admire your spirit of adventure to pull up your Canadian roots to live in a foreign country - good for you!"

Sadly, the card was a little damaged along the way.

These tiger stamps are beautiful.  I don't think I've seen this stamp before and I get two of them.  



2 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

But you don't have bad handwriting!

Helen said...

Aw! Gee! Thank you. I used to get into trouble at school for my handwriting, but I always said it was because I had to keep switching styles for the different countries I lived in.

However, a few years as a Conversation teacher writing on the board made me take a little more care. I think it's not too bad now, except when I have to sign my name officially. My hand cramps up and I can't even spell my name!