Thursday 12 July 2018

Canada - My Hometown!

June 18, 2018

This fabulous, super, wonderful card came to me from my home province of Alberta in Canada.  The sender very kindly wrote a friendly note and sent a card from my hometown!

Glenn wrote:

Hey Helen,
Hello from Airdrie, the small town just north of Calgary that's grown now to over 65,000. Thought I'd send you a little bit of Edmonton. It's the New Rogers Place. I guess when you com back this way, you'd see big changes in Edmonton. I know Calgary has sure grown in the last 25 years.

Take care 'eh.
Glenn

I really enjoyed getting this card, even though I haven't seen Rogers Place yet.

Rogers Place, located in the Ice District, is a multi-use indoor arena in
 Edmonton, Alberta. It is mainly used for ice hockey and other indoor
sports, but is also configurable as a venue for concerts or other events.

Some lovely Canadian stamps on offer too.  Of course, fitting in the hockey theme, there's a hockey stamp, also Her Royal Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second and some Art (but not a Garfunkle).


Thanks Glenn, I always enjoy receiving cards from Canada, it doesn't happen all that often sad to say.

No comments: