Friday 27 July 2018

Costa Rica

June 20, 2018

This card was a lovely surprise.  Costa Rica isn't a terribly common country to get so when this card arrived it made me quite happy.

One of my friends from high school spent a lot of time in Costa Rica and loved it. He always said it was a good place to go.  I would love to visit sometime!

Pablo wrote me a friendly message on the back;

Hello Helen:

My name is Pablo and I live in the capital city of my country. Costa Rica is a small and pacific country in Central America.  One interesting fact about Costa Rica is that we abolished our army in 1948.

Manuel Antonio [on the card] is my favorite national park, and also my favorite place in the whole world. I try to go there once every month, but this year I have only been there once, my work has kept me very busy.  Best Wishes.

Pablo

Manuel Antonio
Parque Nacional
Foto Jean Mercier
Really beautiful stamps, and fairly clear cancellation stamps too.  




No comments: