Friday 5 April 2019

United States - Art/Books

March 14, 2019

This beautiful card came from Diane in New York State.  She wrote a very inquisitive note on the back of the card, which didn't strike me as being friendly.  Perhaps I'm wrong.

She wrote,

Hello Helen-my name is Diane. I live just north of Syracuse, N.Y. My first thought after reading your bio was - do you go home to Canada regulary? Do you miss where you grew up? Has your family come to Japan. And lastly - why have you not made the effort to learn the language with living there so long? I live with my husband of 341/2 years and our dog & cat. Our son (30) and daughter (26) are both married & live in Buffalo, N.Y. It's winter here. We average 125 inches of snow each year & are well on our way to that Mark and perhaps more!

Diane


The Reading Woman II
Eastman Johnson(American, 1824-1906)
The Little Convalescent, about 1873-1879



No comments: