Thursday 3 October 2019

Philippines - Food

July 19, 2019

This card came to me from -S- in the Philippines. She wrote a very friendly note on the back in all caps so it is a little hard to read.  I won't transcribe it in all caps though!

She wrote;

"Dear Helen,
Greetings from Manilla, Philippines. We went to Osaka last year and we love it. Specially, my kids. We love the culture, and food. I love Kyoto the most. Maybe one day, we can go to Tokyo side. My kids love the Japanese braised pork. It taste clean and easy to cook. Adobo is a Filipino version of braised pork. It taste better when you freeze it for more than 2 days. It's good with rice. But we love ramen more than rice. Have a nice day ahead. -S-"

I like recipe cards, but my only beef(!) with this one is that it doesn't have the method of cooking on it. Some cards put the ingredients on the front like this one, but the method on the back. There isn't any how to make it. Sigh. If I was motivated I could look it up I suppose. I did make a Chicken Adobo once or twice in my slow cooker and I really liked that!


I'm not sure why it shows as a pinkish card, it is the colour of cardboard, a light brown card.


No comments: