Friday 21 February 2020

Germany

January 27, 2020

This lovely card came from Tanja in Germany.  She just wrote a short note on the back of this card.

"Hello, many greetings!

Tanja is my name. I live in Karrel which is located in the middle of Germany. This castle, a well known one, lies in the south of Germany. I have been there only one time so far but drove by a couple of times.

BEST WISHES!
Karrel, 21.01.20"


Schloss Neuschwanstein

I didn't know anything about Alexander von Humboldt until I spent a few minutes on Wikipedia.  He was one of the first people to propose that lands bordering the Atlantic were once joined together. He also was the first person to talk about climate change due to human beings, so I really should have heard of him before!  The article is here...read up if you like!  


No comments: