Wednesday 19 February 2020

Japan - Gotochi Card - Saitama

January 22, 2020

I'm back!  Sorry for the long delay, but when I came back from Canada and the US, I was quite busy and quite jet-lagged! I didn't have time to send postcards for a while. I have a few travelling now, and I've received a few this year already, so...on with the show!

I received this great card from Hirotaka in Yokohama.  He has a cool thing that he does on Instagram...he takes photos of the Gotochi card with the object in the card. He has other photos too.  See below for his Insta-handle!

He wrote;

"Hello!
My name is Hirotaka M______ from Yokohama. I like to travel. I collect GOTOCHI form card all over Japan - from Hokkaido to Okinawa. I can't wait 31st January...the sale of 10th GOTOCHI at Tohoku area!

I often take pictures of GOTOCHI and something. See my pictures at instagram@philatelist.jp

Happy Postcrossing!

Hirotaka"


Bell of the Time


Because Gotochi cards are large and shaped, they cannot go through the usual sorting systems, they must be hand sorted. Of course, that means that it costs a little more to send them. If we send them outside Japan, we have to use envelopes.  Here are the bright and lovely stamps Hirotaka used on the card. Japan has great stamps!


No comments: