Thursday 21 January 2016

Germany - Art/Book

January 12, 2016

Christa sent me this gorgeous card from Germany with a lovely chatty note on the back.  I don't think I  have ever seen this painting before, but I love it.

Christa writes,"Hello!  My name is Christa and I'm 60 years old.  I live with my two cats in North Germany, not far away from the Danish border and the Baltic Sea (Fleusburg Firth).  The landscape here  is very beautiful and every year many tourists visit this area.

I like Scrapbooking.  I produce greeting cards.  I hope you like this postcard. I wish you all the best for the future.

Best wishes to Japan
Christa"
Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot (1796-1875)
The Reader Crowned with Flowers, or Virgil's Muse <<1845

I haven't seen this lovely Narcissus before on the stamp.  Beautiful!  When I see them here I know Spring is underway.  I hope to see them soon!

No comments: