Friday 2 October 2020

Belarus - Art & Culture

 June 12, 2020


This card came from Belarus from Katerina.  She was a little unusual in that she used a printed message attached to her card. I do prefer actual handwriting, but since there all are sorts of reasons why people might send that to me, I don't mind. The good thing is I can actually read it!  She wrote about the culture of the people depicted on the card, which I enjoyed learning.


[handwritten in Belarussian] Hello!

Greetings from Belarus! My name is Katerina, I am 20 years old, I study in Germany, but I come from Minsk. I am very happy to send a postcard to Japan! I am interested in foreign languages and once tried to learn Japanese with a Japanese person. This is incredibly difficult! I like to learn different cultures and I want to send you a postcard with very interesting people - the Tatars. These are people who live in Russia and speak a language similar to Turkish. They usually practice Islam. There are also Tatars in my country, but very few of them.

[handwritten in English]

Best Wishes 

Katerina


I really love the unusual stamps that I receive on my postcards, this one is no exception!


Thank you Katerina for the card and stamp!

No comments: